How Not to Work With an SEO/SEM Firm
I stumbled across this whilst looking at some XML sruff.
The main bullet points go as such
* You’ll have to change your Web site. Accept this fact before contacting us.
* Your site has no more right to high rankings than anyone else’s, regardless of your standing in the field or your brand’s renown.
* Tell your Web developer to get with the program or get lost.
* Marketing staff: take and pass an HTML 101 class (no cheating).
* IT staff: take and pass a marketing and usability class (no cheating).
* We just spent six months optimizing your site. It’s a little late to tell us you worked with three other SEO companies that specialize in cloaking, and that also mirror sites with identical content.
I must admin i tend to be on the side of the SEO, doing client work with people who say "you cant change anything on the page but we want to rank #1 for holiday" can be a real laugh and pain at the same time.
To read another take on it try here: