seobook on Sun, 2007-01-28 22:02.
Daily Domainers News has an interesting story about how Richard Rosenblatt and Demand Media are turning traditional PPC parking pages into social content sites:
- “What if we could equip one single domain with a powerful Web 2.0 community software that turns one-time visitors into regulars?
- What if we could then duplicate that domain’s software over thousands and hundreds of thousands of domains at the click of a button?
- What if these domains could automatically brand and customize themselves according to their visitor’s perceived preferences and expectations?
- What if these domains could interact with each other on the back-end to transfer content, users and ads among each other?”
So the questions for search marketers are:
- Will search engines want to index this content?
- If they index it, will they still want to index it when Demand Media sells ads directly, or is partnered with a competing search engine?
- If search engine do not want to index it, what types of sites will be killed off as collateral damage as domaining goes social?