I've been reading about it in loads of places, thinking about it almost all the time and chatting on the phone till BT scare me with the phone call charges,about this type of thing for a while now, but a discussion that led to the phone with some colleagues made me think it is worthy of a post here.
What can be automated and what can't in SEO?
which leads onto
What would you like to see automated that you do manually at present?
In all honesty I prefer the idea of what can't be automated as it sets a challenge to be beaten and I LOVE challenges.
I'll try to kick the discussion off with what can be automated succesfully.
I am NOT saying I do these things manually, in an automated fashion or know of anyone that does or does not have the knowledge, skill or codebase to undertake these tasks. This is merely a discussion document, hypothesising about what MIGHT be possible. ;)
- Blog finding tools - Automated
- Forum finding tools - Automated
- Blog content addition tools - Automated
- Forum content addition tools - Automated etc etc etc for other types of CMS
- Page theme analysis - Automated
- Proxy hunting - Automated
- Multiple proxy usage without code or network changes - Automated
- Search Engine Algorithm reversal - Automated (LMAO, do some of them need a tool?)
- Site Building tools - Automated
- Crap Content Building tools - Automated
- Good Content Building tools - Semi Automated
- Page Element extraction/analysis - Automated
- Auto correcting grammar checker - 99% Automated
- Crap Quality Link Building - Automated
NOT Automated - High Quality Link Building
That's a start from me, what do YOU think can be added to the list?